Fixing a broken door frame can be simple, even if you have never done it before! Just take a look at the following steps about how to fix a broken door frame for dummies!
Simple Tips for Fixing a Broken Door Frame
- Safety first! Before fixing the door, make sure you remove any nails from the area surrounding the damaged door frame!
- The next thing you need to do is nail some spare wood pieces around the area that is broken. This way, you’ll have a guide when applying the router to the area. For those of you who don’t know, a router is a power tool with a shaped cutter that’s used for making grooves.
- Adjust the depth of the router to the depth of the patch in the door! Make sure you have a straight cutting router bit before anything else!
- Get a patch and chisel the sides of it to make sure it fits in the over the area and into the hole!
- Grab wood glue and apply it to the patch piece. Then, just put the patch into place! To make sure the glue sets properly, nail a few finishing nails into the patch!
How to Fix or Repair a Door Frame That’s Severely Damaged
Even though fixing a broken door frame can be simple, if your door frame has been severely damaged, you may need to replace the frame. If that’s the case, let DIY Door Store help you! DIY Door Store offers a variety of different door parts and hardware for doors, so you are sure to find exactly what you need! Don’t spend a lot on a door frame! DIY Door Store has a huge selection of affordable door frames from brands such as Sears, Rusco, Weldoor and more! If you want more information on fixing a broken door frame, or to find out more about the door frames we offer, give us a call at (888) 998 - 3667!